Tagaste “El Carmelo College in Salamanca” Internal Regulation.
Cohabitation rules and Internal Regulation summary. 2020/2021
- Residents should create a bank transfer to pay monthly; the College will charge the receipt on the first 10 days of each month and for entire months.
- At the end of the academic year, and in order to recover the deposit, the residents should leave their room how they found it. After confirming this, the deposit will be refunded through the bank or entity used by the resident or the deposit payer, and according to the internal procedures of the College and in accordance with the European system S.E.P.A. The deposit will only be refunded if the resident does not cause any damage during the academic year and after their total check - out. This deposit will be totally lost if the student renounces their room before the end of the term or is involved in a disciplinary expulsion.
- The student’s fee is payable once a month during nine months: since 1st September (Bologna Plan) or 1st October (other plans) .
- Any resident who delays a monthly payment will be notified and will cause deregistration from the College after two unpaid months. However, Direction will consider any personal inconvenience that may have happened.
- Casual guests of the College will be considered as former students or temporary residents. Both categories are ruled by the existing internal rules.
- The College will not be responsible about any stolen object in their rooms.
- It is not allowed to have electrical appliances in rooms, such as heaters or fridges.
Rights of the residents:
- Equal access to the College services and resources.
- Receive respectful treatment on part of the College team.
- Submit suggestions, requests and / or complaints to Direction.
- Be informed about any issue that could affect their stay in the College.
Duties of the residents:
- Assume and follow decisions and rules of Direction.
- Act responsibly and politely, respecting freedom and well – being of others, making easier the cohabitation and study atmosphere.
- Complete the individual interviews established by Direction.
- Respect dignity of the staff.
- Use the facilities and material provided to residents correctly.
- Deliver documents required by Direction.
- Sign properly all entries and exits at Reception Desk.
- Maintain arranged their room.
- Be conscious about personal hygiene and be properly dressed in common areas.
- Every meeting should be authorized and approved by Direction and, if necessary, Direction would be permitted to attend the meeting.
- Every use of the name, badge or corporate image of the College should count on the express approval of Direction.
- Forbidden any type of hazing:
- Any treat to new students that could establish hierarchy or superiority, or an inappropriate distancing between young people.
- Force physically or psychologically the new residents to do any activity without their consent, against their dignity or human rights, or simply they do not want to do it.
- It is not allowed drugs and alcohol beverages consumption or possession.
- It is forbidden to smoke inside the College building.
- Interactions with the staff will be limited to what is necessary and should be done with the utmost respect and politeness.
- Silence environment must be respected, and intensified after 12 am. Every resident can and must require their mates the observance of this rule.
Entries and exits from the College
- For security reasons, at 12 am the College door will be locked, considering as “Night Entries” entries after that hour.
- Any entries or exits after that time will be registered in “Entries and Exits Register” at Reception Desk.
- Any resident who spend the night out of the College must note it in “Entries and Exits Register”, at Reception Desk.
- Minors require a family authorization for nights out and / or to spend the night out of the College.
- Residents may have guests between 9 am and 11 pm. Residents will be responsible of the permanent accompanying, behavior and attitude of their guests.
- It will not be allowed to anyone (resident or not) to access and be in a resident room while the resident is away (except cleaning and maintenance service). It is also prohibited that these people share these rooms with residents.
- Common areas will be available to residents until 12 am
- Common areas such as libraries, study rooms and computer room will be available to residents 24/7
Tagaste “El Carmelo College in Salamanca” General Services
- Joining El Carmelo College, each resident must check in their room if there is any furniture, facilities or electricity and water service imperfection or damage, informing Reception Desk.
- The College does not provide medical services to residents.
- It is forbidden furniture change in common areas and rooms, neither to hang objects on the walls, doors or windows.
- It is forbidden the usage of electronic devices in rooms or other areas, except computers, printers, mobile phones and personal hygiene devices.
- For sanitary reasons, it is not allowed to have plants or animals inside the rooms.
- Residents will inform Reception Desk about any imperfection or damage that could happen. Residents will be responsible of imperfections in facilities and furniture (of rooms or common areas) produced during their academic year, being possible to subtract the reparation costs from the deposit.
- Room cleanliness will be made once each two weeks. Residents must leave their rooms before 10 am, making easier the cleaning service. The resident must stay out of the room while the cleaning service is being completed.
- Newspapers and magazines in common areas are for common use of all residents, and it is forbidden to extract or damage them.
- At the end of resident stay and once it is delivered the key, every object forgotten inside their rooms will be discarded.
- It is forbidden the use of electronic devices susceptible of interfering in the proper functioning of the College telecommunication system.
- Dining room is self-service, except in case of disease, which will require a prior authorization of Direction. For sanitary reasons, it is absolutely forbidden to serve meals outside the dining room or take away meals.
- To maintain the order of service in the dining room, rearranging the tables and adding elements such as chairs to the arrangement already available in the dining room would be avoided.
- In case of temporary or permanent disease, and authorized by Direction, Governance will provide the medical diet prescribed to the resident by the doctor.
- Residents must leave dining room maximum 15 minutes after the end of food service, except under extenuating circumstances. Because of the reasons listed above, it is possible to request for a meal pack (picnic) in advance for its preparation.
- Discipline corresponds to the Director, in collaboration with the governing team.
- Offenses are classified in: minor errors and serious errors.
- Keeping for personal use any object destined to common use out of the prescribed schedule.
- Use of common areas or services out of the prescribed schedule.
- Abuse, malpractice, irresponsible behavior or bad use of the College areas.
- Unauthorized group activities organization inside the College.
- Any other offense considered by Direction that could disturb the communal living, normal functioning and / or the College organization.
- Any individual or collective act that attempts against our residents or staff dignity.
- The lack of respect to any person due to their nationality, race, sex, sexual orientation, ideology, beliefs, profession or other discriminatory reasons.
- Alcoholic beverages consumption or possession. Beverages will be confiscated.
- Unjustified absence to appointments or meetings of governing teams.
- Access to a resident room with no consent or in their absence, or let an external person to do it.
- Disobedience to the orders of Direction.
- Cause serious variations on the College different areas.
- Persistence in the unsatisfactory dedication to studies.
- Try and / or permit that an invited guest spends the night at the College.
- Vandalism on the College property.
- Any other offense considered as such by Direction.
Considered as “very serious errors”, that could be a cause of temporary or permanent expulsion:
- Drugs traffic, consumption or possession, and alcohol massive overconsumption inside the College.
- Three minor errors already punished, or one / two serious errors, considered by Direction.
- Any other behavior that could be considered as an offense or classified as crime by Spanish legal system.
Proceeding rules do not attempt to our residents duties; they are practical examples about the demanded behavior we ask for in our College.
The resident hereby confirms having read and accepted the terms in this present document, understanding that this set of rules can be modified by the College Direction, in which case it will be notified to the resident when appropriate.